Liu Hao Ran in Paris for Men's Fashion Week



Liu Hao Ran has spent the past week in Paris on the invitation of Louis Vuitton to attend their show for Men's Fashion Week (for the second time). Although we only really got to see him when he left China and the day of the Louis Vuitton show, there should be a lot of content coming out in the next couple of weeks and even months (fans in France saw him doing different photoshoots and strolling around Paris). 

It was his first "official" appearance since February and we wanted to make sure it was documented, so this is mostly a picture recap/compilation plus the translation of the Haibao interview near the bottom of this post. You can also find more pictures and news that came out over the last few days over on our Twitter account. Unless it's something big, we will usually have updates (including short translations) over on Twitter instead of here.

Next date to look at - June 28. Zhihu announced that there will be something special with new brand ambassador Liu Hao Ran, though it's unclear right now what that will be.

And yes, we are keeping an eye on rumors of Liu Hao Ran's next project. His team is ridiculously good at keeping things secret, but Novoland: Eagle Flag should be wrapping up very soon (something Liu Hao Ran also confirmed in the Haibao interview) and there is a lot of curiosity - not just among fans - on what his next project will be. As soon as we see anything that sounds even decently reliable, we will share. The only thing we know at the moment for certain is that Detective Chinatown 3 has officially been slotted for Chinese New Year's in 2020, so filming will take up some time on Liu Hao Ran's 2019 calendar.



June 19 (China time)

After fans spent the day wondering if Liu Hao Ran had already left for Paris, rumors suddenly started around midnight that he had gotten a haircut before leaving. The excitement lasted for about fifteen minutes before fantaken pics at the Beijing airport emerged and proved that he did not, in fact, get a haircut. The confusion was due to the fact that he had two different sets of outfits and hairstyles. The white tee outfit was for his official Louis Vuitton departure shoot, but according to a fan account, as soon as he was done, he went to the bathroom and wiped off the makeup, got rid of the gel in his hair (back to his favorite apple hairstyle), and changed to comfortable clothes for the long flight ahead. 


Shortly after Liu Hao Ran landed in Paris (on the morning of the 19th, Paris time), the official departure pictures were released. As expected, he was dressed from head to toe in Louis Vuitton. We loved how simple and casual this outfit was! 

(More photos here)


June 21 (Paris time) - the day of the Louis Vuitton show 

About an hour before the show started, it was announced that Liu Hao Ran will be on the cover of August's issue of Men's Uno (new photoshoot + interview to look forward to!). This will be his second time on the cover of Men's Uno this year (ICYMI, you can find the translation of his previous Men's Uno interview from January here and here). 

Louis Vuitton's official invitation to Hao Ran for the show. 



This was Liu Hao Ran's "official" outfit for the Louis Vuitton show. He ended up not wearing the jacket all though at the show (presumably due to the weather).




 (More photos here)




And then the fancam that went viral of him leaving the show afterwards.


             


Bonus picture of Liu Hao Ran with Jing Boran and Swedish actor Alexander Skarsgård at the show (reminder - Liu Hao Ran is already a good 185cm+ and Jing Boran is 183cm - that's how tall Alex is!). 


Also, Liu Hao Ran took a picture with Virgil Abloh, the new artistic director of Louis Vuitton's menswear collection.


And more official pictures.


(More photos here

After the show, Liu Hao Ran sat down with Haibao (media outlet) for a mini-interview.

(Haibao interview posted 6.22.18)

The Liu Hao Ran who came right from the set (of his drama) is also dressed very simply in a comfortable white tee and black skinny jeans with short boots. It gives off a relaxed, bright feel, and the messy hairstyle is Liu Hao Ran's personal contribution to the look. Do readers like it?

Haibao: Please share how you feel after watching the show. 
LHR: I feel pretty touched. When the show was finished, the new artistic designer for LV's menswear (Virgil Abdoh) walked out and hugged all of his friends - he looked like he was on the verge of tears. This collection's style and design is a bit different than before, but I love the way it looks. 

Haibao: Which look in the collection was your favorite?
LHR: A lot of people probably know this already, but I love the color white. Coincidentally, the first few looks to take the stage today were all-white outfits. I think they would suit me well. My favorite piece was a large, white backpack - I will probably end up buying it. 

Haibao: What personal touches did you add to your look today? 
LHR: I've been growing out my hair recently. I had originally wanted to pull it up for today, but gave up on that idea. In the end, I went with a messy hairstyle, which is a different look than what I've had before. Because I've been filming a period drama, I needed to have longer hair. The bulk of my time has been spent on set and I rarely come out, so I hope that every time I do, I will give everyone a different impression. After this drama wraps up, I will probably cut it short. So I want to document my longer hair looks, including the ponytail, as part of my work history.

Haibao: Use three words to describe yourself. 
LHR: Lazy, curious, serious. 

Haibao: Which part of yourself are you most pleased with?
LHR: My height. I feel that my current height is pretty ideal. 

Haibao: Do you normally use memes of yourself? 
LHR: Yes. Usually, my friends will send them to me after seeing it online. Recently, they've loved sending me the meme of me dressed in the nurse's outfit from Detective Chinatown 2. The meme is a bit pointless because it doesn't even contain any captions, but they love teasing me with it.     

Haibao: What's your personal (fashion) style?
LHR: Pretty much like what I'm wearing right now. I like comfortable, simple clothing. Everyone has their own personal style, and it varies based on the environment that you're in as well. Look at my current outfit - it's very casual and easygoing, just like the style that we saw on the runway today from LV. But a couple of days ago, I got a reservation at a really nice restaurant here in France, which required formal attire. So I went out and bought a suit

Haibao: Do you like shopping online? What do you buy most frequently? 
LHR: I do enjoy it, especially recently. I actually only learned how to use Taobao* about two months ago, and got my own Alipay account. Because it hasn't been convenient (to shop) while on set, I've turned to online shopping to buy things like honey melon, cake, and other random things. But when I got back to my hotel, I realized that I probably won't be using most of the items.
*T/N: World's largest e-commerce website and basically China's eBay

Haibao: Will you usually search yourself online? What do you do if you see bad comments? 
LHR: Yes, I do it pretty often. Whether the comments are good or bad, I will see what the netizens are saying about me. But in the end, the person who understands you the most is yourself. I believe that part of being an adult is being able to differentiate between what is helpful and what is not. So if someone is giving me fair constructive criticism, I will take it to heart and try to fix my problem. But if it's just a malicious hate comment, I'll just laugh and brush it off. 

Haibao: Please share your plans for the near future. 
LHR: After the show here in Paris, I have some magazine photoshoots. And then I'm heading straight back to the set of my drama to resume filming. We are actually almost done now. I will do my best to finish up on a strong note, and then I can go on vacation.

Haibao: The World Cup is currently going on. Are you supporting any team in particular?
LHR: I'm more a follower of specific players, so I'll support teams if they have a player that I like. I've seen some of this year's World Cup, but I've been filming at night, usually until 5 or 6 in the morning, so I usually can't catch games until I have a break. So far, I've only been able to catch Germany vs Mexico and Argentina vs Iceland. But the quality of the teams this year...something seems off. I feel like I'm watching a fake World Cup. 


June 23 (Paris time)

He's heading back to China today (well, whenever it's the 23rd in Paris) and we're done with fashion week! Can't wait to see everything that he worked on while in Paris! Stay tuned for more translations and subbed videos~






No comments

Powered by Blogger.