More Paris Interviews: Sohu and iFeng Fashion


We continue to get more Liu Hao Ran content out of Paris from Chinese media outlets - this time from Sohu and iFeng Fashion. Both media outlets released both a video and an article containing the interview, so I thought that I would provide both english subs and a written translation. We should be getting at least two more interviews in the next couple of days...stay tuned! 

As always, you can find updates and short translations on our Twitter, and follow our Youtube account for the most up to date subbed videos.






Sohu Fashion Article/Interview



After saying goodbye to Jing Boran, we found someone who hasn't shown his face for a long, long time, as he's been buried on set filming - Liu Hao Ran. 

Dressed in a simple white t-shirt, he looks fresh and clean, bright and sunshiny. The way he is dressed today not only matches the overall theme for the show, it's a sign of respect to the brand and to both the former and new artistic designers. During the interview, Hao Ran di di was constantly laughing and spoke freely. He was so cute it should be illegal~


Sohu: Can you first talk about how you felt watching the show?
LHR: I felt like this show was very different from the last one. The last collection had a greater emphasis on patterns and details, but this collection was all about color. The first few looks left a deep impression on me, because they (the outfits) were all white. I was sitting in the green zone, and was wondering why the models further away from me were dressed in yellow. It was only when they got closer that I realized they were wearing white as well - the colors of the floor of the runway were being reflected onto the white outfits. So that's why that entire series of white looks resembled a color gradient. 

Sohu: Can you talk about your look for today?
LHR: (laughs) I actually had prepared a jacket, but when I arrived here I realized it was way too hot. So I'm just wearing a simple white t-shirt now. 

Sohu: What's the most attractive part about Fashion Week for you? 
LHR: The most attractive part about it for me is that it feels like a giant party. Like how today felt. It was the new artistic designer's inaugural collection (for Louis Vuitton), so a lot of his friends came. So you had people from all over the world chatting with one another, taking pictures, and just enjoying the show together. 


Aside from sharing his thoughts on today's show with us, Liu Hao Ran was very eloquent in the way he expressed himself. In front of the camera, he has a noble air. The reason why you are drawn to him initially is probably due to his treasured youthful spirit. His eyes are clear and bright, and he just leaves you feeling very comfortable. When he laughs mischievously and his tiger tooth peeks out, you are reminded of the vitality of life. 

The real life him has an interest in guns, tanks, and other military vehicles. and is the soda loving boy next door who will stay up all night to catch a (sports) game. He is someone who always plans ahead. This is a young man who has a lot of different sides to him, and has been determined in chasing his dreams to be an actor. At only 12 years old, he lived by himself in Beijing. He has worked hard to bring each of his roles to life. And the culmination of these experiences is the reason why we have the pleasant scene in front of us. 


Sohu: Aside from putting effort into his appearance, how else can a man improve his attractiveness?
LHR: A man's attractiveness...by reading more books. 

Sohu: Have you been watching the World Cup?
LHR: Yes I have. I was able to catch some of the initial matches. In particular, I've been paying attention to some teams that interest me, like Argentina and Germany. But there have been some unexpected outcomes thus far, like how Germany lost their first match for the first time in years. This World Cup has renewed my impression of many teams. 

Sohu: Aside from watching the show, what are your other plans while in Paris?
LHR: Mostly work and eating good food. The last time in Paris was also to watch the (LV) show, but it was winter and I had a fever. So I just ate at that Yunan (Chinese) restaurant for four days. So this time before coming here, I asked a friend who lives in Paris to make a reservation for me at a really nice restaurant. 

Sohu: What are your plans once you return to China?
LHR: I'm not even flying back to Beijing this time. I'm landing at an airport near where we're filming. Probably getting there in the morning, and then will drive to the set. And then it's back to work in the afternoon. 


(This is what he's referring to when he says he's sitting in the "green zone" and that the white outfits look like a color gradient - it's because the floor itself was like a color gradient.)







iFeng Fashion Interview




iFeng: What was your favourite item in the new LV collection?
LHR: There was a really nice white, cylinder shaped bag that you could wear as a backpack.

iFeng: What makes today's look different from usual?
LHR: I've been growing out my hair lately because I'm filming a period drama. It just so happened that I was invited to the show at this time, so I curled my hair slightly. 

iFeng: What do you have in common with LV?
LHR: I feel like LV's style has gotten younger. They have a very casual, relaxed style, which I think suits me well.

iFeng: Recommend a LV item to fans. 
LHR: I feel like everyone's tastes tend to differ, but wallets, suitcases, carry-on bags...I feel like they are practical items that everyone needs, and LV's very good at making these. 


(Questions from fans, gathered by iFeng)

Lamb羊羊_TURBO: Hao Ran, you followed a question on Zhihu that was about how to stay in tune when you sing. Will you consider releasing an official single?
LHR: There's a saying that says we should stick to our day job. I don't think singing and I are meant to be, at least not right now. I've participated in several events where I've been the host of the event. But the original intent was to have me sing. But because I really couldn't sing, I was instead named the MC. So I really don't think I'm cut out to release a single. 

淋雨走不停啊_: When can you perform for us the song that you sang at your yikao for the Central Academy of Drama? 
LHR: My singing performance at my yikao detracted from my score. I actually had originally chosen a Xinjiang song for my performance, but after I sang it for brother Sicheng (Chen Si Cheng), he said, "Hao Ran, I think you should choose a simple song. One that anyone can sing." I still remember this clearly - usually the teachers won't listen to an entire performance because there are too many students waiting. So when I started singing, I expected to get cut off at any minute. However, the teacher - who was smiling the whole time - allowed me to finish the song in its entirety. 

想不出名字就不想了: If you suddenly woke up as a girl, what would be the thing you want to do the most?
LHR: Shave my head...

然笙_x: Do you ever look at your own chao hua (T/N: chao hua is basically a subtopic on a celebrity's Weibo where fans can gather and chat) to see what fans are saying about you?
LHR: I usually will just directly search (my name) and look at the real time results. But I usually wait until I have a project airing. I want to see what people think about my performance, and to see if they have any suggestions on how I can improve. But I usually spend more time just looking at random things, to make sure that I'm still up to date on what is going with the world. 


*In case you are curious, here is the song that he sang for his yi kao - it's a famous folk song

*And that Louis Vuitton bag that he mentioned he was interested in? Fans think it's this one.




There should be more coming...stay tuned! I leave you guys with the great shots by street style photographer Anh Huy Pham and  photographer Siying Chen. 







No comments

Powered by Blogger.